Who We Are
We’re in the business of delivering awesome meals into everyone's home or office – fast.
We achieve this by building and running a superb website, suite of mobile apps, a complex logistical platform, a fleet of passionate drivers, and a global operation, all to help bring great food from the world's best-loved local restaurants to consumers with an unparalleled level of convenience. We don’t want people to have to suffer with bad takeaway delivered an age after they order.
We work with hundreds of the UK's best loved restaurants along with renowned local gems such as to enable them to open up a valuable new revenue stream. Our customers are as passionate about great food as we are!
The only thing faster than our deliveries is the growth rate of our company. We’re increasing in business scale and organizational size at a blisteringly fast rate, and keeping it all together and making everything click are at the heart of what make working at Deliveroo a thrilling experience. If you want to make a difference, and you’re passionate about food, come on board and join the ride.
At Deliveroo we’re striving to build London’s best engineering organisation.
We’re dedicated to building a collaborative and supportive culture. We are not directive. We set goals and objectives and offer advice. We empower our engineers to find solutions to problems at the edge of computer science at great scale. We trust them to use their time wisely.
Our teams are solving unique and difficult problems at scale in an energetic and hyper-growth environment. We’re growing incredibly quickly and we need experienced technical managers to help us scale.
We’re looking for engineering managers at all levels of experience from managing one or two teams (10-12 people) to directing at a group level (25 people and up).
Over the next 12 months you’ll be:
- Line manager to one or more teams of backend, iOS, Android and web engineers as well as data scientists and QA Analysts.
- Working with your team and colleagues right across the company to formulate team goals and then support your team in succeeding against them.
- More than doubling your team size and nurturing a diverse, highly skilled group of engineers, data scientist and QA analysts.
- Creating a learning environment for your team and act as a mentor for engineers and up and coming leaders within your group.
- Becoming instrumental in improving and implementing processes and values that help us continue to be effective as the company scales.
- Proven leadership skills as line manager to a team of at least 5 engineers.
- You have been a software engineer or data scientist building user focused products within an agile environment.
- Your style is collaborative and supportive rather than directive. You set goals and objectives and offer advice rather than doing the work yourself or dealing out task lists to your team.
- You have experience building a team. You’re a natural recruiter.
- Fantastic exposure to scaling a tech team at an incredible pace
- Top end machinery
- Training stipend - a conference of your choice
- Subsidised gym membership at a proper fancy gym down the road
- Regular off-sites with the team, as well as game nights, and the legendary “Bun-day Monday”
- Ping-pong table, PS4, dartboard and foosball table as standard office furniture
- Food. So much food. Nom Nom
- Located within easy reach of several incredible restaurants
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.