Product Design Lead
Deliveroo’s on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about takeaway.
The company was founded in 2013 because co-founder, Will Shu, was fed up with London’s poor quality and slow food delivery options. Will then brought technology together with the nation’s best-loved restaurants to get high-quality restaurant food to customers fast. In an average of 30 minutes, Deliveroo’s ‘Roomen and women’ - self-employed cyclists and motorcyclists - bring the likes of Busaba Eathai, Carluccio’s, Gourmet Burger Kitchen, and MEATliquor to customers’ homes and offices.
Deliveroo is great for everyone: customers get high-quality food delivered to them quickly, restaurants that don’t typically offer takeaway can increase revenues by 30% or more, and Roomen and women enjoy flexible, well-paid work.
It's little wonder it’s proved so popular. Now in over 100 cities across the world and armed with $475m worth of investment from the likes of Index Ventures and Accel, Deliveroo is growing at phenomenal speed.
We are looking for a talented, ambitious and detail-oriented Product Design Lead to join our team and help us build our our products across all our audiences.
As a Product Design Lead, you will:
- Lead design efforts for our various products and internal tools that support our operations
- Build, lead and work with an incredibly talented team of designers
- Help develop our design practice across the whole team
- Design and build intuitive user experiences that are delightful and efficient to use
- Help other designers in achieving design solutions that are elegant, efficient and beautiful
- Work in close partnership with our product managers, lead engineers, researchers and other teams across the business
- Bring a strong design perspective to our product thinking, and help inform our product strategy
You will have:
- Outstanding design skills across web and mobile platforms
- A track record in delivering world-class user experiences to an international user base
- Experience mentoring other designers and supporting them in their career progression
- Several years' experience in key design functions within fast-growth, international startup environments
- Extensive experience working as part of large and interdisciplinary teams, working with research, product management and engineering
- A great appetite (we love eating)
Joining Deliveroo has many perks, one of which - you’ve guessed it - is food! There’s a near constant flow of deliciousness throughout the week - and every Friday lunch, we order enough to feed an army. Beyond that, we offer competitive compensation in one of the world’s fastest growing startups, a lovely laptop of your choice and a subsidised gym membership.
The culture is energetic and entrepreneurial: we’re passionate about enabling everyone to have impact on the company’s growth and evolution, and having a lot of fun along the way.