APAC Operations Manager
Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery.
Bringing together technology and the nation’s best-loved restaurants, we get high-quality restaurant food to customers fast – in an average of 32 minutes.
In just a couple of years we’ve raised over £350m and become one of the fastest growing tech. companies in the world.
What your role would be:
The Operations function is at the heart of the business – we ensure a seamless delivery service for customers, from start to finish.
As we continue phenomenal growth, the challenge to operate sustainably becomes ever harder. This role is about helping our markets achieve the step changes required to become the world-leader in food delivery.
This is a dual role – with both geographical and functional coverage.
The geographical element is about supporting our local markets to solve their most pressing needs. Including:
- Working with local markets to help find and implement solutions to their current problems, as well as ensuring they are set-up for success from an organisational and process perspective
- Proactively capturing and share learnings and best practices across markets
- Working with the central functions (operations, product, marketing) to ensure international needs are understood well catered for
You’ll be working with all our international markets, but with an APAC focus (working most closely with Hong Kong, Dubai, Singapore and Australia).
The functional element involves building and executing a mid-term strategy for how we should be executing behind the scenes – whether that be how we manage rider inbound rider communications, rider CRM we should be activating, or how we ensure watertight and rapid payment. This will involve:
- Learnings the details of how we operate and identifying of opportunities for improvement
- Working with all the international markets to understand their local nuances and get alignment
- Defining the organisational structure required to deliver great results
- Defining the tools and processes we should be implementing to ensure all activity is implemented well and trackable
- Working with third party providers or our product teams to ensure these are implemented
You need to have great curiosity – be inquisitive and challenge the status quo.
We are looking for a confident critical-thinker that can jump into many different problems, markets and situations and come up with tactical recommendations.
You need to think logically and creatively to find a different solution.
We need someone who can work with people from around the world, taking the time to understand their local nuances and challenges, without getting bogged down in why something might not work or may not be working.
We need someone who is invigorated by delivering impact – and seeing the tangible effects.
You need to want to make change now – this is less about creating an incredible strategy that will be implemented over the next 5 years, and more about processes that can change the business in the next 6 months.
There’s a lot to do, so we need someone who can prioritise and make decisions intelligently using data to direct them.
You'll definitely do some number-crunching – it’s important to be able to quickly identify issues, inefficiencies and how big these might be.
We are looking for:
- Someone with 2-4 years’ experience.
- Someone with a deep desire to solve real world problems, who sees the beauty of data and structure and how important these are to understanding a problem and identifying effective solutions
- Someone who can prioritise effectively, conduct 80/20 analysis, draw out business insights from that analysis and present findings and recommendations persuasively.
- Someone who is as comfortable problem solving with the CEO as they are deep in an excel spreadsheet.
- Experience as a consultant in a top-tier consultancy
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills and the ability to motivate others
- Solid spreadsheet skills i.e., pivot tables and INDEX MATCH
- Enough stats to separate the signal from the noise i.e., good working knowledge of error calculations and confidence intervals (since so much of what we do is tested against the real world straight away)
- A quantitative degree from a top university e.g., Physics, Maths, Engineering
- Knowledge of core SQL
- Experience in logistics or delivery services
- We’re a well-funded and rapidly growing start-up operating across the globe
- You’ll have real impact in revolutionising the food delivery space
- HUGE office lunches on Fridays and a continuous stream of food throughout the week!
- Subsidised gym membership and a Cycle to Work scheme to cancel out the above (among other benefits)
- Our culture is energetic and entrepreneurial: we’re passionate about enabling everyone to have impact on the company’s growth and evolution, and having a lot of fun along the way.