Summer Intern - Hong Kong
Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global roll-outs, like Deliveroo Editions – bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally-curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food-scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food-inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out-of-the-box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free-for-all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too – we’re bringing great food to customers in 13 countries and over 150 cities.
The primary role of summer intern is to participate in the daily work across multiple functions:
- Restaurant account management
- Restaurant marketing
- Consumer marketing
- Driver operations
- Customer operations
- Special projects
- Corporate sales and account management
Please indicate the function(s) that you are most interested in when you submit your application.
We are flexible in terms of the length and set-up of your internships (anytime from June to September).
We are looking for a bright, articulate and confident person who enjoys working at a fast pace and can juggle competing priorities. A creative, strategic and practical thinker, the ideal candidate will be keen to ensure both people and processes perform better than ever! With a perfect combination of a business mindset and relationship building skills, the ideal candidate will have what it takes to engage and influence others and work collaboratively to problem-solve. Some requirements:
- A keen interest to learn and work at a fast-growing startup
- A genuine passion to provide the highest level of customer service
- A keen eye for the most minute detail
- The ability to tackle several complex problems without missing a step and ability to manage time effectively
- A real hunger to succeed and ambition to grow
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interest in food and restaurants
- Confident communicator who can liaise with a diverse range of people
- Fluency in English and Cantonese is a must
- Have a real impact on the company's growth and evolution
- Open, respectful, fun company culture
- Work with people who love what they do every day
- BIG Friday lunches – Deliveroo’d to the office of course!
- Potential to join Deliveroo full-time