Finance Operations Manager
Our mission is to bring the world's best-loved local restaurants into everyone's home or office - fast.
We work with hundreds of the UK's best loved restaurants, including names like Carluccio's, GBK, Nando's, Rossopomodoro and many top quality independents to deliver their food to homes and offices everywhere. Our customers are as passionate about great food as we are, including an ever-growing number of large and prestigious firms.
The Finance Operations Manager is responsible for maintaining all of the accounting records and processes relating to the accounts payable, receivables and employees expenses functions. Alongside business as usual activities, we are also looking for an individual with demonstrated systems and processes experience to play a supporting role in the eventual automation of finance operations processes to achieve continuous accounting.
The role manages a team of 5 including an Accounts Payable team leader.
The right candidate will have a progressive and forward looking outlook who believes in the use of automation to drive scale, efficiency and a lean operation. He or she will be experienced in creating significant efficiencies through process streamlining, standardisation and automation.
The transformation will take place over a number of phases and we are currently in Phase 1, which involves the review of current manual processes to ensure that they are performed accurately and efficiently to ensure that business processes are scable, sustainable and reflect best practices.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar relevant role
- ACA/CIMA/ACCA qualified
- High literacy in finance systems and enjoy working with technology
- Structured approach with strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- A flexible, hands on, individual who enjoys working in a changing environment with strong problem solving skills.
- Strong communications skills – both verbal and written. Ability to interact well with the senior management team.
- Project implementation experience is beneficial
- Netsuite experience not necessary but advantageous
- To ensure that business as usual tasks in accounts payable, receivables, expenses as well as bank reconciliation are processed and completed in a correctly and timely manner. This includes rider payments, invoice payments, supplier statement reconciliations, disputes with suppliers
- To review manual processes to ensure that they are performed accurately and efficiently to ensure that business processes are scable, sustainable and reflect best practices.
- Supporting role in process definition, improvement as well as selection of new IT applications with the aim of automating business processes. This includes the selection and implementation of a new reconciliation tool and other associated modules and applications as a Subject Matter Expert.
- Key role in the creation and consolidation of the shared service function from overseas teams
- To lead, manage and develop a team of 5
- To assist with the training of new staff
- To assist the Group Finance Operations Manager and other members of Finance team on ad hoc tasks and projects when requested
- Become one of the early employees of a fast-growing, exciting start-up changing the food delivery landscape
- Have a real impact on the company's growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day
- Highly subsidised gym membership at one of the top local gyms in the area
- Friday lunches from our very own restaurant partners and regular restaurant sample tastings!
- Please note this role is London based
- Competitive marketplace package
- Free Food