National Operations Manager
Deliveroo’s mission is to bring the world's best-loved local restaurants into everyone's home or office - fast. A startup founded in 2012 Deliveroo has rapidly emerged as the leading player in this fast growing market and has now raised over A$600M in funding from the same top tier investors who invested in Facebook, Spotify and many other global startups. Deliveroo employs hundreds of staff around the world and we are further expanding our local team in Australia.
Our culture is energetic and entrepreneurial: we’re passionate about enabling everyone to have impact on the company’s growth and evolution, and having a lot of fun along the way.
The Operations function is at the heart of the business – we ensure a seamless delivery service for customers, from start to finish.
As we continue phenomenal growth, the challenge to operate sustainably becomes ever harder. This role is about helping our markets achieve the step changes required to become the world-leader in food delivery.
Some responsibilities this role would involve:
- Overseeing the front-line operation for Australia – understanding, analysing and driving forward our complex day-to-day logistics to ensure exceptional service levels always
- Leading each component of our operations – whether it be ensuring we have enough riders in the fleet, that supply matches demand, and that riders have all the support that they need
- Building a platform to sustainably scale – understanding what needs to be improved to increase efficiency and effectiveness of the teams, and what we need to build now for the future
- Designing the required organisational structure – and building the team to make it happen
- Bringing together our current markets, and building capabilities to ensure further domestic expansion – ensuring our local operations departments are coordinated, working in the same way, in the same direction, as well as providing the linchpin with other departments
- Leading the local strategy – understanding the cultural, legal and competitive landscape to ensure we are constantly evolving and innovating to respond to needs
- Managing and leading our people – working with the heads of each sub-department and their teams to give them guidance, direction and coaching
- Coordinating with central departments – working with all the supporting departments (central team, product, procurement, etc.) to ensure both that the AU market has their needs catered for, and they are coordinated with upcoming changes to product, processes and strategy
This role demands an aggressive, entrepreneurial individual with a track-record of operational management and experience managing a large national team
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment across Australia’s regional offices
- At least 3-4 years of operations management, or consulting experience
- Experience with operational change and project management
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail
- Confident communication skills for reporting to stakeholders at different levels, ability to influence people across the organisation
- Driven and confident personality, who can keep a cool head in a crisis
- Entrepreneurial mindset and a willingness to get your hands dirty
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Food Deliveroo'd to the office every Monday
- Weekly team exercise program to cancel out the above!
- Have a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day