Strategic Projects Manager
Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global roll-outs, like Deliveroo Editions – bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally-curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food-scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food-inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out-of-the-box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free-for-all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too – we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 100 cities.
We are looking for the best and brightest to join us - but only if you understand the meaning of execution. We are looking for managers and associates that can take on the brief of strategic projects, which is a combination of the below:
- restaurant business development (creating win-win partnerships with restaurants and finding ways to maximize their revenue on our platform through marketing, analytics and innovative partnership initiatives)
- operations (ensuring we work with sufficient high quality Riders to match the growing demand for our services, analysing and reducing delivery time, improving our operational cost economics, improving processes, etc.)
- customer experience (managing and improving service standards of our growing customer service team, developing customer relationship management framework and deploying it to increase customer retention and satisfaction levels)
- marketing (using our healthy budget to maximize brand recognition and conversion of customers, both new and old)
Based in Barcelona, with regular travel to Madrid, you will be responsible for developing, planning and executing special initiatives to support the General Manager and her senior team in growing the market.
The role is not for everyone. Aiming for double digit monthly growth can be very stressful. Working in a market where your competitors are burning cash to bring you down can drive you nuts. But in return, we guarantee the best learning experience as part of a fun, young, motivated and all-star team.
Aside from being a part of a rocket ship that is experiencing amazing growth, the challenges we face are different every week. You will be expected to analyse in the morning, propose and help make decisions in the afternoon and execute them in the evening. You will get a chance to see and take part in every part of the business (operations, sales, marketing) and learn what it takes to succeed in launching a startup.
Having analytical horsepower, people management skills and a mind for strategic growth is basic. You will also need to demonstrate a bias to action and a willingness to get your hands dirty (this includes...doing call center shifts, doing actual food deliveries, updating menus.). If you think this job is for you, then apply!
- Graduate degree + Masters degree from a leading university - a science/highly analytical degree or background is a bonus
- +2 years experience in Consulting and/or Investment Banking
- +3 years experience either working in a high growth startup or building your own – ideally in the ecommerce or logistics sector
- People management & organisational skills
- High level people management skills, must have experience managing teams
- Experience in delivering projects under tight deadlines and pressured / changing environment
- Fluency in English and Spanish are required, Catalan is desirable
- Become one of the early employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Have a real impact on the company's growth and evolution
- Open, respectful, fun company culture
- Work with people who love what they do every day
- BIG weekly lunches – Deliveroo’d to the office of course!
- Heavily discounted gym membership