Restaurant Operations Manager
Who we are
Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. Bringing together technology and the nation’s best-loved restaurants, we get high-quality restaurant food to customers fast – in an average of 32 minutes. In just a couple of years we’ve built a superb website, a suite of mobile apps and a global fleet of riders.
We also work with hundreds of the UK's best loved restaurants – such as Wagamama's, GBK and Nando's - delivering meals to homes and offices, and increasing revenue by 30% or more for restaurants that don’t typically offer delivery.
What your role would be
The Operations function is at the heart of the business – we ensure a seamless delivery service for customers, from start to finish.
The Restaurant Operations Manager at Deliveroo will help optimise our partner restaurants processes. This will involve everything from optimising menu layouts to minimising our restaurant delivery times. It requires a unique combination of high level analytics and top class communication skills. Our ideal candidate will have a thirst for efficiency, is a data led obsessive and can deliver incremental as well as transformational change. This is a new position where you will be expected to change the way our Partners think about their business. It is a challenging role but one which should deliver significant rewards both to us as a business and you as a driver of positive change.
What we are looking for
- Strong communication skills, able to influence others and lead change
- Process development comes naturally to you; you will be a problem solver and critical thinker
- Identify causes of operational issues as well as symptoms, diagnose and cure
- Monitoring, reporting and improvement of operational performance of our Partners
- Collaborative problem solving with many different stakeholders in the business: Tech, Account management, Rider operations etc
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment across Deliveroo's six UK/IE offices
- Analytical degree from a top university
- At least 3-4 years of operations management experience
- Experience with operational change and project management
- Confident communication skills for reporting to stakeholders at different levels, ability to influence people across the organisation
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Driven and confident personality, who can keep a cool head in a crisis.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and a willingness to get your hands dirty.
- Have a real impact at a fast-growing startup revolutionising the food delivery space across the globe.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Work with and learn from a highly motivated and inspirational team.
- Office lunches on Fridays and more than enough free food and drink from Deliveroo.
- Subsidised gym membership at Fitness First and Cycle to Work scheme.