Head of Inventory Management
Deliveroo’s on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about takeaway.
The company was founded in 2013 because co-founder, Will Shu, was fed up with London’s poor quality and slow food delivery options. Will and his friend Greg Orlowski set to work to build something better.
They brought technology together with the nation’s best-loved restaurants to get high-quality restaurant food to customers fast. In an average of 30 minutes, Deliveroo’s ‘Roomen and women’ - self-employed cyclists and motorcyclists - bring the likes of Busaba Eathai, Carluccio’s, Gourmet Burger Kitchen, and MEATliquor, to customers’ homes and offices.
Deliveroo is now in over 100 cities across the world and armed with $500m worth of investment from the likes of Accel and Index Ventures, Deliveroo is growing at phenomenal speed.
About The Role
- You will lead our stock management across all 100+ cities in the UK.
- You will manage all physical locations across the UK where stock is currently held, to ensure they are suitable for purpose.
- You will design the flow of new and existing stock between locations across the UK
- You will be responsible for ensuring cities have ample rider and restaurant stock levels to facilitate the business uses at all times.
- You will be responsible for designing a new system for returns and re-issues, which allows us to re-use and re-deploy stock that meets quality assurance standards.
- You will be responsible for hitting P&L lines.
- You will set playbooks for regional teams to adhere to, and liaise with them directly in order to ensure they are followed.
3-5 years of Management-level or consultancy experience
Degree from top university.
Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
Exceptional attention to detail and diligence.
Strong problem-solving skills.
MBA highly desirable
Experience in Stock management desirable
- Become one of the early employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Gain experience designing a new process almost from scratch, with the opportunity to make your mark in a fast-growing company.
Have a real impact on the company's growth and evolution
Work with people who love what they do every day
Highly subsidised gym membership at one of the top local gyms in the area
Friday lunches from our very own restaurant partners and regular restaurant sample tastings!