Who We Are
We’re in the business of delivering awesome meals into everyone's home or office – fast.
We achieve this by building and running a superb website, suite of mobile apps, a complex logistical platform, a fleet of passionate drivers, and a global operation, all to help bring great food from the world's best-loved local restaurants to consumers with an unparalleled level of convenience. We don’t want people to have to suffer with bad takeaway delivered an age after they order.
We work with hundreds of the UK's best loved restaurants along with renowned local gems to enable them to open up a valuable new revenue stream. Our customers are as passionate about great food as we are!
The only thing faster than our deliveries is the growth rate of our company. We’re increasing in business scale and organisational size at a blisteringly fast rate, and keeping it all together and making everything click are at the heart of what make working at Deliveroo a thrilling experience. If you want to make a difference, and you’re passionate about food, come on board and join the ride.
We're looking for a talented Payroll Assistant to join our rapidly growing payroll team and improve control and processes across the organisation.
As a Payroll Assistant on our London-based team, you will:
- Support operations in the preparation and running of the Payroll
- Assist the Senior Payroll Manager to help run and submit monthly payroll for employees
- Prepare End of Year submissions
- Support HR teams in the evaluation and implementation of employee benefit schemes
- Produce relevant payroll forms
- Be a key player in projects for the team
- Keep up to date with all payroll legislation
- Manage payroll service providers
- Develop a long-term strategy for the function to operate at scale
- Experience in working in payroll, ideally at a tech company or a startup
- Experience in integrating new payroll software
- Strong Excel knowledge
- Experience of taking over/moving payrolls
- Have a real impact on the company's growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day
- Highly subsidised gym membership at one of the top local gyms in the area
- Competitive compensation package
- Friday lunches from our very own restaurant partners and regular restaurant sample tastings!
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.