Finance Manager Europe
Our mission is to bring the world's best-loved local restaurants into everyone's home or office - fast.
We work with hundreds of the UK's best loved restaurants, including names like Carluccio's, GBK, Nando's, Rossopomodoro and many top quality independents to deliver their food to homes and offices everywhere. Our customers are as passionate about great food as we are, including an ever-growing number of large and prestigious firms.
The primary role of the Finance Manager Europe is to lead management reporting, statutory reporting and managing tax compliance, while monitoring performance against budgets and overseeing Accounts Assistants.
• Owning the month-end close process for your countries, driving forward timely reporting to assist country managers to manage their countries
• Liaising with international operations teams to ensure accurate reporting
• Liaising with international accountants, auditors and tax advisors regularly
• Performing balance sheet reconciliations at each month end
• Working with external auditors on the preparation of financial statements and facilitation of the annual audits
• Assisting the Commercial team with monitoring spend against budget• Developing and implementing financial controls
• Owning daily operational transactions such as payments, invoices posting …• Supervising shared Accounts Assistants on various tasks and supporting them becoming qualified
• Assisting the Group Financial Controller with various ad hoc projects
• Assisting the Group Treasurer with cash optimization
You’ll have a sound technical understanding from your accountancy training in an environment working with IFRS and have experience of leading from a financial reporting perspective for European countries. International work experience outside the UK and preferably in Europe would be a strong advantage. You’ll have an eye for detail, a knack for problem solving and a willingness to learn. You’ll be:
- Adaptable, driven and hardworking
- Proactive and independent individual who is accountable
- Collaborative and enjoy working in a team
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in performing all essential duties
- Country specific accounting qualification required
- Interest in food, restaurants and tech start-up businesses
- Strong organisational skills & excellent attention to detail
- Become one of the early employees of a fast-growing, exciting start-up changing the food delivery landscape
- Have a real impact on the company's growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day
- Highly subsidised gym membership at one of the top local gyms in the area
- Friday lunches from our very own restaurant partners and regular restaurant sample tastings!
- Please note this role is London based
- Competitive marketplace package
- Free Food