Operations Manager - Rider Support
Deliveroo’s mission is to bring the world's best-loved local restaurants into everyone's home or office - fast.
Founded in 2012 Deliveroo has rapidly emerged as the leading player in this fast growing market and has now raised over $600m in funding from the same top tier investors who invested in Facebook.
Operations is the foundation of our business and we are looking for talented individuals to add value to our team. As member of the Rider Operations team, you will be comfortable in an "all hands on deck" environment, able to operate and coordinate across multiple teams, and can thrive in a startup culture. You will be tasked with helping scale the business, as we grow across Singapore.
We are looking for a talented person to join our Rider Operations team and lead the Rider Support division. This person will be responsible for designing rider support process, ensuring consistent and quality rider service and rider payment administration. The role will require strong leadership to effectively manage the Rider Support team members, build and review KPIs and drive performance. This is the perfect opportunity to make a mark in an exciting, fast-growing business and develop strong operational and leadership skills.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the Singapore management team to create a streamlined ‘client relationship’ management function for our 1500+ riders
- Leading and managing a specialised team, setting targets and developing the reporting and KPI tracking of this team
- Developing training materials and processes to facilitate the development of the support team
- Analysing outputs and making data-driven insights to drive process optimisation
- Acting as the point of contact for the legal and communications departments; helping to coordinate escalations between other lines of business, external individuals and organisations
- As with any startup, a whole host of ad hoc challenges
- Management experience - 1-2 years’ experience in a fast-paced working environment
- Confidence with numbers and big data - proficient excel skills (can pivot a table or two, index match, etc)
- Process manager – can identify weaknesses in approach and solutions to resolve
- Confident communicator – can clearly convey issues and solutions
- People manager – enjoys motivating, developing and directing others
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a willingness to get your hands dirty
- A relentless work ethic and a willingness to go the extra mile when required
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you have helped built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real assets and reinventing the logistics of food delivery
- Work in a fun, exciting company culture with people who seriously enjoy what they are doing
- Being part of a team instigating the expansion of a global brand
- The opportunity to make an impact and grow with the business
- Weekly Friday lunches deliveroo-ed