Senior Data Scientist (Behavioural Economist)
Location: 180 Great Portland Street, London, W1W 5QZ, United Kingdom
Salary: £80,000-100,000 depending on your level
Closing date: 6th March 2017
Since 2013, Deliveroo has been revolutionising takeaway food. Operating in over 80 cities across the world, we’re growing at phenomenal speed.
We’re looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our Engineering team. The role will primarily focus on behavioural economics, solving complex rider supply problems and building models of human decision making.
The ideal candidate will:
- Bring a combination of mathematical and scientific rigour, innovative thinking, and a hunger to build machines that impact the bottom line through prediction and control
- Learn, develop, and apply new techniques in the intersection of human behaviour, probability, and optimisation
- Rigorously and efficiently translate unstructured, complex business problems into practical, powerful model and algorithm solutions
- Work closely with engineers, product managers, and designers to produce and implement complex behavioural algorithms
- PhD in Neuroscience, Behavioural Economics, or related quantitative behavioural field
- 5+ years of research or industry experience
- Publications or academic conference talks on human behaviour would be a plus
- Join a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Have a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day
- Highly subsidised gym membership at one of the top local gyms in the area
- Friday lunches from our very own restaurant partners and regular restaurant sample tastings!
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-ups around.