Rider Support Associate
Our mission is to bring the world's best restaurant food to everyone's home or office - fast!
We work with thousands of the UK's top restaurants, from household names like Pizza Express, GBK and Nando's, to everyone's favourite independents.
We are looking for a talented person to join our Operations Support department, which handles all inbound rider communications to keep riders happy and motivated.
You will help to transform the operation within 3rd Line Rider Support, the team that deals with our most complex rider issues. The team fits within a larger Rider Support structure, comprising a 1st line in the Philippines and a 2nd Line in London. This is the perfect opportunity to make your mark in an exciting, fast-growing business and develop your operational and leadership abilities.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting your Operations Manager to create a streamlined process by which inbound communications from riders travel through the rider support pipeline smoothly and are handled efficiently.
- Leading and managing a specialised team, setting targets and developing creative methods to incentivise team members.
- Developing training materials and processes to facilitate the development of the 3rd line team.
- Analysing outputs and making data-driven insights leading to process optimisation.
- Reporting on the quality and timeliness of issue resolution.
- Acting as the point of contact for the legal and comms departments; helping to coordinate escalations between other lines of business, external individuals and organisations.
- As with any startup, a whole host of ad hoc challenges.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a fast-paced operational environment.
- A good degree from a good university (that said, we will consider equivalent professional experience).
- An excellent command of written and spoken English, with a sense of style and the ability to employ the appropriate tone of voice in any situation.
- Exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a willingness to get your hands dirty.
- A cool head in a crisis or sensitive situation.
- A relentless work ethic and a willingness to go the extra mile when required.
- Strong IT literacy with a passion for learning.
- Competitive compensation package including a customisable employee benefits package.
- Have a real impact at one of the world's fastest growing startups.
- Work with and learn from a highly motivated team.
- Office lunches on Fridays and more than enough free food and drink from Deliveroo.