Dispatch Operations Manager
Our mission is to bring the world's best-loved local restaurants into everyone's home or office - fast.
We work with hundreds of the UK's best loved restaurants, including names like Carluccio's, GBK, Nando's, Rossopomodoro and many top quality independents to deliver their food to homes and offices everywhere.
Roobox is Deliveroo’s newest concept - a fully equipped mobile kitchen unit provided by Deliveroo for our most popular restaurant partners. We are launching the first delivery-only restaurants in the UK and we are looking for someone to help us deliver an efficient, scalable operation as we expand.
The Dispatch Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring that delicious meals pass seamlessly from restaurant partner to rider at lightning speed, ensuring they reach the customer in the shortest possible time.
Key responsibilities include:
- Dispatch management across multiple Roobox sites
- KPI development and analysis to continually drive improvement across the board
- Execution of day to day management and operational tasks as well as supporting rapid expansion of the concept
- Working alongside key stakeholders including restaurant partners and on-site operations teams to deliver a seamless dispatch operation
The role requires a logical mindset, a proven record of process improvement and people management and with a strong bias for action:
- 2-3 years strong operations management experience
- Track-record of instilling structure and process, whilst comfortable working with ambiguity
- Strong management pedigree with excellent communications skills
- Good understanding of dispatch/logistics operations
- Experience in working in a dynamic high-growth company
- Become one of the early employees of one of Europe’s fastest growing start-ups, and participate in changing the restaurant industry within a ground-breaking project team
- Have a real impact on the company's growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day
- Highly subsidised gym membership at one of the top local gyms in the area
- Friday lunches from our very own restaurant partners and regular restaurant sample tastings!
- Please note this role is London based
- Competitive marketplace package
- Free Food
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.