Our mission is to bring the world's best restaurant food to everyone's home or office - fast!
We work with thousands of the UK's top restaurants, from household names like Pizza Express, GBK and Nando's, to everyone's favourite independents.
Operations is the foundation of our business - it’s how we get riders on the road and food to customers in great condition and as fast as possible. We are looking for talented graduates to join the team and join Deliveroo in North-West.
This is an unrivalled opportunity to take your first steps towards becoming a manager in a genuinely operational business - we recognise and nurture talent and progression can be rapid.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing tactical operations within your area of responsibility.
- Planning rider availability to meet demand whilst maintaining efficiency.
- Supporting commercial projects with operational guidance and resources.
- Optimising operations through innovation and process development.
- Supervising the day-to-day work of operations support staff.
- Collaborating closely with other operational teams to drive progress.
- Reviewing, refining and documenting processes and best practice.
- Engaging with riders to understand issues and improve satisfaction.
- A whole host of ad hoc tasks!
- Good degree from a good university. (That said, we will consider equivalent professional and life experience.)
- Exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Impeccable and stylish written English with adaptable tone.
- Driven and confident personality, who can keep a cool head in a crisis.
- Ability to communicate effectively and both offer and critique ideas and opinions.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and a willingness to get your hands dirty.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, especially Excel, or Google equivalents, and a keen eye for data.
- Desirable: experience of operations or people management at any level.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Have a real impact at one of the world's fastest growing startups.
- Work with and learn from a highly motivated and inspirational team.
- Office lunches on Fridays and more than enough free food and drink from Deliveroo.
- Subsidised gym membership at Fitness First and Cycle to Work scheme.