International Expansion Manager
Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global rollouts, like Deliveroo Editions bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out of the box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast paced and blow off steam with free for all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 100 cities.
The International Expansion Manager will be part of Editions International HQ team based in London and responsible for managing and coordinating Deliveroo Editions expansion, including analysis of best expansion areas in each of our international markets, liaising on a regular basis with each Editions country head to review and submit new sites Business cases. You will also own the launch target timeline to make sure that we expand at pace.
- Analysing all internal data at hand to recommend best Expansion areas across all our International markets
- Liaising with each country Head of Editions for financial appraisals of the proposed development projects
- Finding creative commercial ways to make the financial business case work for us
- Monitoring new sites budgets and expansion spend versus our roll-out forecasts
- Controlling site feasibility budget versus final cost
- Owning expansion plan targets and launch timings (from new sites management sign-off to fit out and final launch) and driving local markets accountability
- Carrying out post Site launch reviews to establish learnings and best practice
- Communication with key stakeholders, through accurate and timely reporting
The role requires strong analytical skills as well as influencing skills with a strong track-record of hitting and exceeding business targets/deadlines:
- 5+ years in consultancy or analytical business development role, strategy roles
- Strong excel and analytical skills
- P&L and relationship management experience
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence your local markets stakeholders
- Strong track-record of hitting and exceeding businesses expectations
- Experience in working in a dynamic high-growth company
- Become one of the early employees of one of Europe’s fastest growing start-ups, and participate in changing the restaurant industry within a ground-breaking project team
- Have a real impact on the company's growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day
- Highly subsidised gym membership at one of the top local gyms in the area
- Friday lunches from our very own restaurant partners and regular restaurant sample tastings!
- Competitive marketplace package
- Free Food
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.