Business Development Manager - London
Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global roll-outs, like Deliveroo Editions – bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally-curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food-scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food-inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out-of-the-box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free-for-all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too – we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 100 cities.
This role is is a great opportunity to get exposure to a high-paced startup and lead the sales initiative for London.
This is a role for a bright, motivated, organised self starter to develop their sales career for a leading company within its market sector. The role will be to:
- Identify, prioritise and sell to relevant restaurants via email, over the phone and in person
- On-board new clients following a successful sale
- Lead the sales initiative for the region by coordinating with our operations team and the restaurant community team
- Analyse and iterate the sales strategy across the region
- Work predominantly by yourself, in the field, travelling three days a week with flexible working hours
The ideal candidate is driven, with a proven sales record, ideally having worked with restaurants in the past, however this is not a necessity.
- You must be comfortable with targeting new business
- The job requires great communication skills whether it be face to face, through phone or email
- Ability to persuasively demonstrate product and industry knowledge to clients
- You will need to be tenacious and motivated by targets
- Sample food from a variety of potential partners across London
- Experience at one of the fastest growing startups in the world
- Flexible working hours
- Attractive compensation and commission structure
- Open, respectful, fun company culture
- Highly subsidised gym membership at one of the top local gyms in the area
- Friday lunches from our very own restaurant partners - Deliveroo’d to the office of course!
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.